A look inside Google AdSense and blogging as a whole.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

How to Turn Your Adsense Earning from $10 to $800 a Week

I was inspired on the disclosure made by Chris with his Adsense income. Chris is 21 years of age and a university student from Brisbane, Australia. Over the last 12 months he has taken his sites from $10 to $800 a week of Adsense income.

He disclosed how he unfold the true potential of his sites, not just in terms of AdSense but also in terms of SEO and the importance of building a good quality site.

I like to quote his answers to the following questions:

How did you get serious?

I took a bit of a risk, bought a few books about AdSense, SEO and general website development and dropped down to part time uni and started dedicating more time to my websites. I started writing articles that were on topics that people wanted to know about and topics that people were searching for, and I placed these articles into a highly optimized template that was just designed for these articles, then I went about building a few backlinks for these articles to help with the SEO. I’d have periods of maybe a week where everyday I would sit down and write an article two, often three or four, and I’d just keep writing, sharing my knowledge, sharing my expertise.

Why were articles successful?

These articles each focused on an individual search term or topic within my industry. The articles were informative and useful. They were 100% original and completely unique in the industry. They were my thoughts, opinions and beliefs on topics that I was very knowledgeable on. They were detailed and lengthy. And the search engines loved them.

Why did the search engines love them?

Because they were original and unique, and because they were getting backlinks and they were on my established sites which I believe have a fair amount of "TrustRank" because at this point my sites were well over 2 years old and had thousands of backlinks, because I had slowly but surely developed them over the previous two years. Plus the articles were all on niche topics that there wasn’t that much competition for, and I had employed very basic, but very solid SEO techniques. Things like:

- Giving each article an individual highly relevant page title.

- Using meta descriptions and keywords, but not abusing them.

- Using H1 and H2 tags.

- Using good keyword density and specific phrase targeting.

- Using good quality, unique, original and focused content.

- Building some well anchored backlinks.

- With a good navigational system between articles.

- Using an aged domain with good TrustRank.

You can read his story along with the question and answer session that transpire in the following post on Digital Point forums: My 2006 AdSense Summary - From $10/Week to $800/Week. Go, read and learn from him.

He indeed turned his sites into money making machine. You too can!
-----All content provided hereby is a property of Quomodocunquizer's Blog.-----