A look inside Google AdSense and blogging as a whole.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Have You Ever Heard of JohnChow.com?

An hour ago, I come across a post from John Chow Dot Com entitled Review My Blog & Get A Free Linkback. John Chow has organize a review contest where you can win a MiniTV USB from him by writing a review for his blog. Besides the MiniTV USB, you can also get a linkback from his blog too.

The contest is now over but he said, he will continue to offer linkbacks for reviews.

Basically I would like to know the impact of his linkback to my blog. So I will give it a shot to review johnchow.com. I hope that after a month from getting his linkback I shall be on better position to evaluate the value of his linkback. I shall then make another post in here entitled “The Impact of the BackLink of Johnchow to my blog” so everybody will have an idea of the value of linkback from a popular blog such as this.

Johnchow.com is a technology blog. Even a car is considered a product of technology; I find his banner a little bit misleading. If a first time visitor spend just 5 seconds to his blog and right after ask about the theme of the blog, the visitor will probably answer the blog is all about cars. I also find his banner bigger than the average. It occupies greater space than the average banner size without giving any benefit.

The navigational feature of his blog is fare. But I find his category too broad having only 8 against 700 plus number of post. While the blog has a search function, it maybe more beneficial to the visitor to break down a little bit the categories.

I find his post valuable for anyone who wants to succeed online. Most of his topic center on marketing, traffic building, advertising and technology. .

While his blog earnings are high coming from multiple online streams, I still find his earning below his blog true potential. There is still a big room for him to engage to other revenue source.

I don’t find all his post interesting but generally all of them are informative while some are empowering.

So that’s it this is my review but remember this is not just a review but the beginning of an experiment to measure the value of the linkback from a blog like his.

I hope that after a month from getting his linkback I shall be on better position to evaluate the value of his linkback. I shall then make another post in here entitled “The Impact of the BackLink of Johnchow to my blog” so everybody will have an idea of the value of linkback from a popular blog such as this.
-----All content provided hereby is a property of Quomodocunquizer's Blog.-----